Once again, the Newfoundland Club of America, Inc. announces its annual photo contest, open to all NCA members. The primary contest is for adult members of the NCA. There will be a separate competition for photos taken by junior members or children, up to 18 years of age, of members. The winning junior member’s photograph will compete in the adult class. The winning photograph will appear on the front cover of the 4th quarter Newf Tide 2020 and the second place photo on the back cover. Photographs awarded adult and junior runners up will be published on inside pages of the same issue.
1. The contest is open only to NCA members or their children under the age of 18 years. Members of the Newf Tide Policy Committee, the Board of Directors and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
2. Photographs submitted by NCA junior members or NCA family members up to 18 years of age will be judged in separate divisions – up to age 12 and ages 12-18.
3. A judge or panel of judges selected by the Newf Tide Policy Committee will select the winners based on the quality, composition, originality, and appeal of the photograph. Judges’ decisions are final.
4. Placements will be awarded to the photographer, not to the dog’s owner or the person who submitted the photo for a photographer.
5. All entrants represent and warrant that any material that he or she submits is original, has not been previously published or won an award, does not infringe upon the copyright or any other right or interest of any other person or organization, and that the entrant has not previously granted any rights to such material to any other person or organization, nor does any third party have any interest in such materials.
6. Photographic entries must be TIFF or JPG files with a minimum resolution of 2625 x 3375 pixels. Files exceeding this pixel dimension are acceptable. Entries can include digital camera photographs, or scanned film images, so long as the resolution requirement is met. Entries can be in color or black and white.
7. Entry images can be submitted to the NCA via email as an attachment, or by link to a hosting site such as DropBox, Google Drive, and so on. Files can also be submitted on CD or USB drive via postal mail. Prints are not accepted.
8. The entry form serves as verification that the Photo Contest Rules are understood, and that the photographer is an NCA member. The entry form should be filled out and accompany the photo submission. If mailing a CD or USB drive, an attached, signed entry form must accompany each contestant’s submission.
9. Photos and media become the property of the Newfoundland Club of America, Inc., and will not be returned. Photographers are encouraged to keep a copy of each entry. The NCA will not be held responsible for any entry under any circumstances.
10. The Newfoundland Club of America, Inc. retains the rights to publish any photographs, in printed or electronic form, submitted as an entry in the contest. Photos may be used for editorial purposes. Photographers will be credited when photographs are used for other purposes.
11. Official dog show photos will not be accepted.
12. Each contestant may submit a maximum of five (5) photos.
13. Entries must be submitted on or before August 31, 2020.
Submit the following information with each entry:
Name of NCA Member submitting photo: ______________________________________________
City, State, Zip: ___________________________________________________________________
Junior Submission: Name/Age _______________________________________________________
Verification: I certify that the photo being submitted is original, has not been previously published or won an award, does not infringe upon the copyright or any other right or interest of any other person or organization, and that the entrant has not previously granted any rights to such material to any other person or organization, nor does any third party have any interest in such materials.
(One form required per entry)
Submit digital entries with entry forms to:
Jeannette Voss contact: email@example.com and
copy emails to the Newf Tide editor, Annalyn Paz- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send CDs/USB drives with
signed entry form(s) to:
NCA Photo Contest Coordinator
24061 SW Baker Road
Sherwood, Oregon 97140 – 9007