Once again, the Newfoundland Club of America, Inc. announces its annual photo contest, open to all NCA members. The primary contest is for adult members of the NCA. There will be a separate competition for photos taken by junior members or children, up to 18 years of age, of members. The winning junior member’s photograph will compete in the adult class. The winning photograph will appear on the front cover of the 4th quarter Newf Tide 2017 and the second place photo on the back cover. Photographs awarded adult and junior runners up will be published on inside pages of the same issue.
The contest rules follow. Please read them carefully.
1. The contest is open only to NCA members or their children under the age of 18 years. Members of the Newf Tide Policy Committee, the Board of Directors and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
2. Photographs submitted by NCA junior members or NCA family members up to 18 years of age will be judged in two separate divisions—up to age 12 and ages 12-18.
3. A judge or panel of judges selected by the Newf Tide Policy Committee will select the winners based on the quality, composition, originality, and appeal of the photograph. Judges’ decisions are final.
4. Placements will be awarded to the photographer, not to the dog’s owner or the person who submitted the photo.
5. Previously published photos may not be entered.
6. Entries must be unmatted prints, ranging in size from a minimum of 4 x 6 inches to a maximum of 8½ x 11 inches. Contestants submitting digital prints are to provide 300 ppi JPG or TIFF formatted digital files on CD, DVD or USB drive/Flash drive.
7. Entries may be color or black and white. Color photocopies will not be accepted. If a digital photo is submitted, a high resolution (300 ppi) JPG or TIFF image file must be made available if the photo is selected for publication in Newf Tide.
8. A signed photo contest entry form must accompany each contestant’s submission. The entry form will be used to verify that the photo has not been previously published and/or submitted for publication elsewhere (including magazines, Internet, calendars, etc.) and that the photographer is an NCA member.
9. Photos and media become the property of the Newfoundland Club of America, Inc., and will not be returned. Photographers are encouraged to keep a copy of each entry. The NCA will not be held responsible for any entry under any circumstances.
10. The Newfoundland Club of America, Inc. retains the rights to publish any photograph, in printed or electronic form, submitted as an entry in this contest. Photos may be used for editorial purposes. Photographers will be credited when photographs are used for other purposes.
11. Official dog show photos will not be accepted.
12. Each contestant may submit a maximum of five (5) photos.
13. Entries must be postmarked on or before August 31, 2017.
Send entries and signed entry forms to:
NCA Photo Contest Coordinator
24061 SW Baker Road
Sherwood, OR 97140-9007